Well – everybody has to start sometime, and I will now.
But first some questions which might be asked about this blog:
- About what: I’ll see – but likely about
- R – the programming language for stats, but also for simulations, as it can interface easily with C/C++, Fortran, Java, …
- GIS in the widest sense – I use GRASS and QGIS and GDAL and will possibly have something to say about those
- org-mode , ESS and emacs – the best and for me by now only way to write R code
- Science – as I am a scientist, this is obvious. It will include spatial statistics, alien species, management, general scientific topics, …
- Open source software – I use Linux (Ubuntu) and am of the opinion that whenever possible, open source software should be used, particularly in research
- Will I blog regular?
- We’ll see, but I don’t think so. Blogging for the sense of blogging is useless. Also: I am lazy.
- Who am I?
- We’ll – let’s leave it at that: I am a scientist, who is blogging about the things I mentioned above.
- Is more info relevant? I will reveal more possibly in later blogs.
So – let’s get started with my first blog about something relevant.